THE body of an Irish drug dealer who had over €200,000 worth of debts has been found dead next to a motorway on Spain’s Costa Blanca.
Carl Carr, 38, from Dublin, had a huge debt to a gang headed by notorious Real IRA member Paul ‘Burger’ Walsh.
Spanish police have arrested four people in relation to Carr’s murder, including a man from Kilkenny, who is the suspected killer.
“More junior dealers in Dublin who he was supplying with kilos of weed were ripping him off and he ended up owing huge money while he continued to enjoy the high life in Spain,” a source told the Irish Independent.
“It may well be true that he was beaten to death over a personal matter in Spain but all the information that had been coming in since he disappeared was that he was killed by the drugs mob,” they added.
Carr was apparently sourcing drugs for Walsh, before police located his body last week by the road between Algorfa and Benijofar near where he was last seen.
A Spanish man and two women believed to British have also been held on suspicion of concealing a crime.
Marie, Carl’s mother, claimed her son’s death was the result of a love triangle and has ‘nothing to do with drugs’.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57