THE body of an Irish drug dealer who had over €200,000 worth of debts has been found dead next to a motorway on Spain’s Costa Blanca.
Carl Carr, 38, from Dublin, had a huge debt to a gang headed by notorious Real IRA member Paul ‘Burger’ Walsh.
Spanish police have arrested four people in relation to Carr’s murder, including a man from Kilkenny, who is the suspected killer.
“More junior dealers in Dublin who he was supplying with kilos of weed were ripping him off and he ended up owing huge money while he continued to enjoy the high life in Spain,” a source told the Irish Independent.
“It may well be true that he was beaten to death over a personal matter in Spain but all the information that had been coming in since he disappeared was that he was killed by the drugs mob,” they added.
Carr was apparently sourcing drugs for Walsh, before police located his body last week by the road between Algorfa and Benijofar near where he was last seen.
A Spanish man and two women believed to British have also been held on suspicion of concealing a crime.
Marie, Carl’s mother, claimed her son’s death was the result of a love triangle and has ‘nothing to do with drugs’.
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 jobs losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25