THE body of an Irish drug dealer who had over €200,000 worth of debts has been found dead next to a motorway on Spain’s Costa Blanca.
Carl Carr, 38, from Dublin, had a huge debt to a gang headed by notorious Real IRA member Paul ‘Burger’ Walsh.
Spanish police have arrested four people in relation to Carr’s murder, including a man from Kilkenny, who is the suspected killer.
“More junior dealers in Dublin who he was supplying with kilos of weed were ripping him off and he ended up owing huge money while he continued to enjoy the high life in Spain,” a source told the Irish Independent.
“It may well be true that he was beaten to death over a personal matter in Spain but all the information that had been coming in since he disappeared was that he was killed by the drugs mob,” they added.
Carr was apparently sourcing drugs for Walsh, before police located his body last week by the road between Algorfa and Benijofar near where he was last seen.
A Spanish man and two women believed to British have also been held on suspicion of concealing a crime.
Marie, Carl’s mother, claimed her son’s death was the result of a love triangle and has ‘nothing to do with drugs’.
- Whether we like it or not, tourism to Spain boosts the economy and sways the property market, writes Amanda Butler - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 13:33
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00