HOLIDAYMAKERS were left fuming last week after their flight to Spain was grounded following a truly British emergency.
The Jet2flight from Glasgow to Tenerife yesterday had to be cut short because there was no water for tea on board.
The 8.55am flight was forced to divert to Manchester less than an hour after takeoff when the plumbing issue was reported.
According to the Daily Record, the LS155 flight was flying over Cork in the Republic of Ireland when it was redirected.
The flight arrived safely in Manchester where fire crews were waiting as a standard precautionary measure.
A spokeswoman for Jet2 confirmed the diversion was the result of an issue with water for meant for ‘teas and coffee’.
She said: “There was a technical issue with water on board. There wasn’t water for teas and coffees.”
Passengers were put onto another flight and were ‘well looked after’, the spokeswoman added.
One passenger fumed online: “So jet2 plane from Glasgow to Tenerife had to turn back & emergency land in Manchester because they had no water supply for hot drinks! My arse.
“Get a better excuse next time. Forever flying with Ryanair don’t get this s**t. I’ll get to Tenerife yet.”
Another added: “Disgusted at this. Holiday ruined before it’s even started. Sons crying, thanks.”
One flyer did add: “Diverted to Manchester and now on a replacement plane bound to Tenerife Broken toilets and no running water on the first Jet2 plane apparently. Everyone in good humour and jet2tweets crew looking after us a treat.”
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40