HOLIDAYMAKERS were left fuming last week after their flight to Spain was grounded following a truly British emergency.
The Jet2flight from Glasgow to Tenerife yesterday had to be cut short because there was no water for tea on board.
The 8.55am flight was forced to divert to Manchester less than an hour after takeoff when the plumbing issue was reported.
According to the Daily Record, the LS155 flight was flying over Cork in the Republic of Ireland when it was redirected.
The flight arrived safely in Manchester where fire crews were waiting as a standard precautionary measure.
A spokeswoman for Jet2 confirmed the diversion was the result of an issue with water for meant for ‘teas and coffee’.
She said: “There was a technical issue with water on board. There wasn’t water for teas and coffees.”
Passengers were put onto another flight and were ‘well looked after’, the spokeswoman added.
One passenger fumed online: “So jet2 plane from Glasgow to Tenerife had to turn back & emergency land in Manchester because they had no water supply for hot drinks! My arse.
“Get a better excuse next time. Forever flying with Ryanair don’t get this s**t. I’ll get to Tenerife yet.”
Another added: “Disgusted at this. Holiday ruined before it’s even started. Sons crying, thanks.”
One flyer did add: “Diverted to Manchester and now on a replacement plane bound to Tenerife Broken toilets and no running water on the first Jet2 plane apparently. Everyone in good humour and jet2tweets crew looking after us a treat.”
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08