SPAIN’S tax office has warned Spanish businesses of the potential consequences of a no-deal Brexit.
The Hacienda sent letters to thousands of export companies with tips on how to adapt to the worst case scenario should the UK leave the EU on March 29 without a deal.
The warning details how a no-deal would mean trade flows between Spain and Britain will ceased to be considered internal European transactions and will be subject to customs formalities.
“Brexit could have a significant effect on your organization and its logistics flows,” the letter reads, “If there is no exit agreement that includes a transitional period, this will mean that on March 30 the UK will leave the single market and the customs union.”
The number of Spanish companies exporting to the UK grew by 8% between 2012 and 2017 to 11,695 businesses.
The UK was the fifth top destination for Spanish exports in 2017, after France, Germany, Italy and Portugal.
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40