TEMPERATURES are set to reach as high as 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend.
According to weather agency AEMET, Cordoba will see highs of 28C during the days of Saturday and Sunday, with Sevilla and Jaen enjoying highs of 27C.
Other inland areas – Guadalajara, Toledo, Cuenca, Albacete and Ciudad Real (Castilla-La Mancha), Ourense (Galicia), Álava, of which the capital is Vitoria (Basque Country), León, Valladolid, Burgos, Zamora, Palencia, Salamanca, Soria (Castilla y León), Teruel and Zaragoza (Aragón), Lleida (Catalunya), Badajoz (Extremadura) and Madrid – will see temperatures surge to between 23ºC and 25ºC.
The freak weather in what is usually the coldest month of the year is thanks to an anti-cyclone heading for Europe.
But the rare event means the early mornings will remain cold with lows of 3C, meaning a temperature difference of anything between 15 and 24C during Saturday and Sunday.
Marbella will have highs of 20C and 18C on Saturday and Sunday respectively, while Estepona will see the mercury rise to 21C and 19C.
The warm temperatures could last until the end of next week.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29