A CAFE in Spain has doubled up as a dog adoption centre where customers hang out with cute canines over a coffee
The Doger cafe in Madrid, the only one of its kind in Spain, has been a hit amongst animal lovers, with 12 dogs adopted to date.
Founders Roberto Aláez and Javier Alcazar started the cafe after contacting dog shelters and offering to advertise dogs up for adoption.
Aláez told the Daily Mail: “We are adopting many shelters in such a short time, and above all we are transmitting consciousness to the people through great communication.”
The dogs interact with visitors and prospective adopters for about 15 minutes, and get to cool down with a two-hour nap period.
A second cafe is set to open in Barcelona followed by another in Madrid.
The owners also have sights on the South American market and are in the advanced stages of bringing the new concept to Peru.
Aláez said: “In addition to creating this community for the world of pets, the awareness reduces abandonment in a remarkable way.”
- Police in Spain catch drug ‘home delivery’ biker gang - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- Zara launches new customisable denim fashion line in Spain - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 12:07
- Historic Malaga villa owned by ‘Schindler of the Civil War’ demolished - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- Police arrest five ‘drug traffickers’ after young man kidnapped and murdered on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- New property on the Costa soars to upwards of €6,000 per square metre - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- British expat in Spain who ‘asked friend’ to cut off his penis seemed ‘normal’ hours before but ‘struggled with gender’ - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:01
- UK MPs join battle to get millions back for British expats who lost out to rogue FX firm based in Mallorca - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 12:57
- Police in Spain help man with AMPUTATED PENIS in bizarre self-harm case - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 13:15
- Zidane returns to Spain as Real Madrid boss - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 18:34
- PICTURED: Scot killed on Costa Blanca stag do named, as police hunt two British tourists - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 15:00