BRITISH men have been arrested for their part in smuggling three tonnes of hash to Spain, along with six others.
The drug gang, headquartered in Marbella by a Spanish woman and her German partner, were held as part of operation ‘Marduk-Bachus’.
Officials seized 93 hash bales, as well as €630,000 in cash, a drone, four cars, a motorbike and 30 mobile phones.
Drugs were discovered in the hulls of pleasure yachts, which the gang would sail from Gibraltar and Morocco to Costa del Sol marinas.
Four of the gang, of British, German and Spanish, have been arrested after they were charged with membership of a criminal organisation and drug trafficking.
- Tourism companies in Spain SLAM Government plans to - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- PIGEON PILL: Pesky birds in Spain’s Cadiz to be slipped contraceptives in food to control numbers - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- Climate change activists in Spain joined by those in UK as hundreds arrested - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49