RYANAIR has announced new routes from Alicante to the UK, Ireland and other European destinations.
From winter London Southend will receive five weekly flights from Alicante Airport, while there will be two weekly journeys to Cork.
The low-cost airline also announced 96,000 extra seats on its 11 pre-existing routes from Alicante, five of which are to the UK.
Among the operator’s other new European destinations from Alicante for winter are Marseille, Porto and Toulouse, which will each be serviced by two weekly flights.
Existing services to Edinburgh, Gothenburg, Leeds Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester and Poznan, will also become more frequent, the travel giant added.
It comes after Ryanair revealed that this summer it would run two weekly flights to Bordeaux and a further three to Munich.
With the latest additions to its winter calendar, the Dublin-based airline said it would now transport over 4.9 million passengers through Alicante – a growth of 14%.
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08