TAKE That have been announced to play at this year’s Gibraltar Calling Festival.
The iconic British band will join a host of big names set to take centre stage on the Rock on September 7th and 8th this year.
The Gibraltar government said in a statement: “The group have had 28 Top 40 singles and 17 Top 5 singles in the United Kingdom, 12 of which have reached number one, as well as having 8 number one albums.
“Internationally, the band have had 56 number one singles and 39
number one albums. They have received 8 Brit Awards – winning awards for Best British Group and Best British Live Act.”
The group are coming to the Overseas Territory as part of their Greatest Hits world tour which will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the band.
The Take That Greatest Hits World Tour 2019 will land in Gibraltar on Sunday 8th September 2019.
Among the many acts supporting the band will be this year’s Brit Award
winner Tom Walker, a Scottish singer-songwriter who rose to fame after the
release of his single Leave a Light On.
This year Walker won the Best Breakthrough Act at the 2019
Minister for Culture Hon Steven Linares said: “I am delighted at the fact that this year’s Gibraltar Calling will be staged at the Europa Point Leisure Complex.
“This will be the first of many. The headliners are one of the best ever with Take That playing for us on Sunday. And the Saturday headliner is yet to be announced but will be one which will please many.
“MTV will act as the media partner for this year’s event. I therefore urge people to get their tickets early since we envisage a sell out his year.”
Europa Point Leisure Complex is a new state of the art stadium.
The event is produced by Neon Angel ( Gibraltar ) Ltd with early bird tickets
going on sale today (Monday 15th April 2019) at www.gibraltarcalling.com
Two-day general admission early bird tickets are priced at £89 and one-day
general admission early tickets are £75 pounds per day.
Gates will open each day at 4pm.
The government added: “This year’s event will be the biggest music festival ever staged in Gibraltar with the show’s executive producer Richard Coram predicting that when the full talent line up is announced the event will sell out in advance.”
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26