TAKE That have been announced to play at this year’s Gibraltar Calling Festival.
The iconic British band will join a host of big names set to take centre stage on the Rock on September 7th and 8th this year.
The Gibraltar government said in a statement: “The group have had 28 Top 40 singles and 17 Top 5 singles in the United Kingdom, 12 of which have reached number one, as well as having 8 number one albums.
“Internationally, the band have had 56 number one singles and 39
number one albums. They have received 8 Brit Awards – winning awards for Best British Group and Best British Live Act.”
The group are coming to the Overseas Territory as part of their Greatest Hits world tour which will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the band.
The Take That Greatest Hits World Tour 2019 will land in Gibraltar on Sunday 8th September 2019.
Among the many acts supporting the band will be this year’s Brit Award
winner Tom Walker, a Scottish singer-songwriter who rose to fame after the
release of his single Leave a Light On.
This year Walker won the Best Breakthrough Act at the 2019
Minister for Culture Hon Steven Linares said: “I am delighted at the fact that this year’s Gibraltar Calling will be staged at the Europa Point Leisure Complex.
“This will be the first of many. The headliners are one of the best ever with Take That playing for us on Sunday. And the Saturday headliner is yet to be announced but will be one which will please many.
“MTV will act as the media partner for this year’s event. I therefore urge people to get their tickets early since we envisage a sell out his year.”
Europa Point Leisure Complex is a new state of the art stadium.
The event is produced by Neon Angel ( Gibraltar ) Ltd with early bird tickets
going on sale today (Monday 15th April 2019) at www.gibraltarcalling.com
Two-day general admission early bird tickets are priced at £89 and one-day
general admission early tickets are £75 pounds per day.
Gates will open each day at 4pm.
The government added: “This year’s event will be the biggest music festival ever staged in Gibraltar with the show’s executive producer Richard Coram predicting that when the full talent line up is announced the event will sell out in advance.”
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49