A BRITISH woman has tragically died after falling from a bridge above a dry riverbed in Javea.
Concerned social media users spotted three police cars and an ambulance racing to Javea port just after 7pm this evening.
These were closely followed by another two ambulances and two fire engines, according to eyewitness sources.
The victim reportedly fell off the bridge on Avenida de Augusta where it crosses the Gorgos river.
A source confirmed to the Olive Press the victim was a British pensioner.
More to follow as information comes to light…
- WHAT’S UP DOC?: Spanish doctor’s note goes viral on social media as patient needs ‘Rosetta Stone’ to decipher it - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:00
- MISTAKE: ‘Laboratory error’ led to false diagnosis of Chikungunya by Icelandic hospital as Spain remains free of tropical virus - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 12:26
- BEERATO: Spain sells cheapest alcohol in the whole eurozone - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Brit fuming as new Bentley is towed away in Benidorm thanks to slow government database - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 17:33
- Valencia gets first UNESCO biosphere reserves with Alto Turia and Valle de Cabriel - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 17:14
- IN PICS: England football legend Paul Gascoigne SPOTTED with fans in Benidorm in run up to public speaking tour - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:07
- Spain’s first original Netflix documentary ‘The Alcassar Murders’ released detailing horrific 1992 triple homicide in Valencia - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:25
- British tea set recovered from 150-year-old shipwreck on show at unique Costa Blanca maritime exhibition - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:00
- SEVEN people stung by Portuguese Man O’War as three beaches closed in Benidorm - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:05
- Dustmen denounce ‘lazy’ resident who threw three gas canisters into organic waste bin in Benitachell - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:53