A STRIKE by pilots in Spain has been called off after a last minute deal avoided chaos for Easter travellers.
Air Nostrum pilots called off their strike after a compromise was reached between the Spanish regional airline and the national pilots union, Sepla.
But technical difficulties mean the hundreds of flights that were cancelled ahead of expected walkouts will remain so.
Though the airline has said flights on April 22-24 will now operate as normal, this comes as millions of Spaniards look to travel over Semana Santa.
- Boxing champ Wladimir Klitschko rescued at sea after yacht fire off Spain’s Mallorca - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Dutch lorry driver arrested by police after 1,000 kilo drugs haul discovered on Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:15
- Hit Netflix film starring Adam Sandler slammed for stereotypical depiction of ‘backwater’ Spain - 21 Jun, 2019 @ 17:26
- Police in Spain detain gang accused of financing Al-Qaeda terrorism in Syria - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:25
- Murdered mother of five in Andalucia becomes Spain’s 1,000th gender violence victim - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 18:41
- Warning over ruthless Costa Blanca thieves ‘spiking Brits’ in Benidorm with date rape drugs - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- Spain calls on UK to negotiate ‘colonial situation’ of Gibraltar at UN committee meeting - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:05
- Spain slammed after new report finds 100,000 people with disabilities are trapped at home - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 14:18
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12