A STRIKE by pilots in Spain has been called off after a last minute deal avoided chaos for Easter travellers.
Air Nostrum pilots called off their strike after a compromise was reached between the Spanish regional airline and the national pilots union, Sepla.
But technical difficulties mean the hundreds of flights that were cancelled ahead of expected walkouts will remain so.
Though the airline has said flights on April 22-24 will now operate as normal, this comes as millions of Spaniards look to travel over Semana Santa.
- Political leaders set for TV debate ahead of Spain’s election - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:57
- WATCH: Spanish Legion on the march as Semana Santa celebrated in Setenil near Ronda - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:59
- IN PICS: Clouds clear as Semana Santa celebrated in Setenil de las Bodegas - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:41
- PICTURED: Female squaddie accused of ‘glassing’ army pal in the throat at Magaluf club - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 13:13
- Rival footie fans launch ‘Benidorm or Bust’ charity race to Spain in aid of teenage cancer battle - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:25
- Expat sprayed with ‘devil’s breath’ date rape drug on Spanish island and forced to empty bank account - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 11:11
- Easter travel chaos in Spain avoided after pilot strike called off - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 19:28
- Spain pledges support for Paris in wake of Notre Dame inferno - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 11:57
- FLIGHT CHAOS: Travel strikes across Spain mean HUNDREDS of flights cancelled over Easter - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- International experts unlock secrets of ancient ‘Stonehenge’ in southern Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 15:42