FOUR dogs have been discovered chained in an abandoned house without food on the Costa Blanca.
British expat Roger Ballantine was out walking near Orba, where he lives with his wife, when he noticed a ‘pungent smell’ coming from a disused outhouse 50 metres away.
Inside the house were scenes worthy of a horror film as the dogs were held on short chains surrounded by trash and their own excrement.
“Despicable farmers have chained these four dogs on short leads amid stinking faeces and all other sorts of rubbish,” Ballantine said through a social media post.
“I am ready to take whoever can help to this location and try and get the owners prosecuted.”
He confirmed to the Olive Press that a nearby casita was also abandoned as the dogs had been left without any visible food.
Guardia Civil were called after the post went viral, and police have since been out to rescue the dogs before denouncing the owner.
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43
- WATCH: Woman leaps into sea as ‘Kontiki II’ ferry boat nearly smashes into 154-metre Balearia behemoth between Ibiza and Formentera - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:11