A MARBELLA hotel enjoyed by Michelle Obama is to no longer be managed by its historic owner.
Villa Padierna, which the former First Lady of the US stayed in with her daughter Sasha in 2010, is being taken over by the renowned NH group.
Current owner Ricardo Arranz is passing the dwelling over to the luxury brand Anantara, ‘one of the most exclusive chains in the world.’
The hotel, which will be renamed Anantara Villa Padierna Palace Marbella-Benahavis Resort, is a museum hotel and considered one of the most exclusive and luxurious of its kind in Europe.
As its new owners explain: “Designed in the style of an elegant Tuscan palazzo by English architect Ed Gilbert, the resort is home to more than 1,200 original works of art.
“Rooms, suites and villas immerse guests in classically luxurious spaces, affording views over rolling golf courses and manicured Tuscan gardens.
“Retreat to the resort’s medical wellness spa, play tennis at the 22,000 sqm Racquet Club or enjoy golf in one of the three surrounding courses. Or stage a one-of-a-kind event in one of the resort’s breathtaking spaces.”
- British boy, 5, who drowned near Spain’s Costa del Sol was visiting expat granddad - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:48
- REVEALED: Spain to have ‘warmer than average’ summer with Costa del Sol among hottest areas - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:26
- ‘WE’RE BEING POISONED’: Video of ship billowing black fumes ‘onto people’s homes’ outrages Gibraltar residents - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:43
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38