A MAN has been given seven years in prison for attempting to rape a woman at knifepoint at a Marbella bus stop.
The 21-year-old victim had a 30cm blade pressed to her neck on the A-7 motorway and was ordered to remove her dress.
The man then began to touch the woman under her clothes, and told her to take off her underwear, but she refused.
The attack happened in May 2018 near the Rio Real and was only stopped once the bus arrived, with the man being arrested shortly afterwards.
During an attempted escape by the attacker, he apparently waved the knife and signalled to those present to keep quiet.
Judges dismissed the man’s alibi that he was in the port at the time of the assault, as police disproved him by checking CCTV.
The man was sentenced for attempted sexual assault at the Provincial Court of Malaga.
As well as his seven-year jail sentence, he is forbidden to approach or communicate with the victim for eight years and will also have to attend a rehabilitation programme.
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35