A MAN has been given seven years in prison for attempting to rape a woman at knifepoint at a Marbella bus stop.
The 21-year-old victim had a 30cm blade pressed to her neck on the A-7 motorway and was ordered to remove her dress.
The man then began to touch the woman under her clothes, and told her to take off her underwear, but she refused.
The attack happened in May 2018 near the Rio Real and was only stopped once the bus arrived, with the man being arrested shortly afterwards.
During an attempted escape by the attacker, he apparently waved the knife and signalled to those present to keep quiet.
Judges dismissed the man’s alibi that he was in the port at the time of the assault, as police disproved him by checking CCTV.
The man was sentenced for attempted sexual assault at the Provincial Court of Malaga.
As well as his seven-year jail sentence, he is forbidden to approach or communicate with the victim for eight years and will also have to attend a rehabilitation programme.
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25
- British chef Jamie Oliver opens NEW restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:05