THE oldest British-run business in Javea is still out of action following the horrific flooding on Easter Sunday, raising questions about the quality of storm drains in the tourist town.
Owner Gary Payne told the Olive Press how the initial source of the flooding came gushing from a nearby storm drain cover, before destroying 75% of the equipment in his popular business.
The revelation of a demolition order also having been imposed upon a mini-apartment business just down the Avinguda de Tamarits from Scallops also raises questions about the suitability of infrastructure to extreme weather events.
While many of us are still dealing with damp basements and insurance claims, we should take note of the municipal elections coming up on May 26.
Foreign residents on the padron can vote in these elections, and political parties are listening more and more to their concerns.
By making our voices heard, we can have a say in improving the beautiful Costa Blanca many of us have come to call home.
- OPINION: Authorities in Alicante must make property developers follow safety rules without harming the promising market - 26 May, 2019 @ 14:15
- OPINION: Accusing a Benidorm bar of a ‘hate crime’ for renting out a midget is political correctness gone mad - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:45
- A PUT-DOWN A DAY: New Spanish book praises ‘therapeutic’ quality of insulting - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- Pablo Escobar’s estranged British-educated son signs ‘extraordinary’ book deal in Mallorca - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:30
- GHOSTA BLANCA: Illegal art exhibition takes over one of Spain’s most haunted buildings - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:49
- Expat pensioners assaulted as luxury apartment block is ‘mobbed’ by squatters on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 24 May, 2019 @ 10:44
- Tourist dies after being hit by bus in Benidorm - 22 May, 2019 @ 01:18
- WATCH: Roads become rivers as hailstorm hits the Costa Blanca - 21 May, 2019 @ 22:41
- ANOTHER British holidaymaker scammed as Spanish villa rental companies use SAME website under different names - 20 May, 2019 @ 15:14
- Benidorm pub SLAMMED for renting out midget - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:29