THE oldest British-run business in Javea is still out of action following the horrific flooding on Easter Sunday, raising questions about the quality of storm drains in the tourist town.
Owner Gary Payne told the Olive Press how the initial source of the flooding came gushing from a nearby storm drain cover, before destroying 75% of the equipment in his popular business.
The revelation of a demolition order also having been imposed upon a mini-apartment business just down the Avinguda de Tamarits from Scallops also raises questions about the suitability of infrastructure to extreme weather events.
While many of us are still dealing with damp basements and insurance claims, we should take note of the municipal elections coming up on May 26.
Foreign residents on the padron can vote in these elections, and political parties are listening more and more to their concerns.
By making our voices heard, we can have a say in improving the beautiful Costa Blanca many of us have come to call home.
- French couple, 80 and 66, injured after paddling pool crashes through terrace floor into garage below on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 18:12
- OWN MEDICINE: Lawyer arrested in Murcia court after speeding to a trial on a traffic accident - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Instagram sensation in northern Spain turns out to be TOXIC lake - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 10:31
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04