JAMIE Oliver has said he is devastated as his restaurant group has gone into administration, with 1,000 jobs lost.
Now in liquidation are 23 of the Naked Chef star’s Jamie’s Italian restaurant, as well as Barbecoa and Fifteen in London.
It comes less than a week after it was announced that the 43-year-old was opening a new restaurant on the Costa del Sol.
Jamie’s Deli, in Malaga Airport, serves up a range of artisan pizzas, sandwiches, hot dishes, cakes and drinks, with the focus on healthier options for travellers.
Malaga province is a favourite with the dad-of-five, who singled out Ronda in particular, when he visited Andalucia for his show, Jamie’s Food Escapes.
His Malaga outlet is safe for now, as are his two Jamie’s Italian restaurants and Jamie Oliver’s Diner in Gatwick Airport.
“The group had recently undertaken a process to secure additional investment into the business and, since the beginning of this year, Jamie Oliver has made available additional funds of £4m to support the fundraising,” administrators KPMG said in a statement.
It comes after Oliver angered Spain by bastardising a traditional Valencian paella with chorizo in 2016.
This came after another cultural row in 2014, when peeved West Africans slammed the chef for making his own version of beloved dish jollof rice.
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- ‘NEVER SEEN BEFORE’: Gibraltar police amazed at attempt by three men to smuggle 1.5 tonnes of hash worth £6 million - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- Mum on holiday in Spain kills only son by accidentally running him over in car park - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 13:40
- REVEALED: Two NEW skyscrapers will be tallest on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 12:48
- Pensioner holidaying on Costa del Sol drowns in front of his wife - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 11:01
- ‘Widespread’ increase in ocean plastic on Costa del Sol with ‘strikingly’ high microplastic levels in Malaga - 6 Jun, 2019 @ 10:27