PAUL Gascoigne has touched down in Benidorm for two public speaking engagements on Spain’s Costa Blanca.
The former England football legend touched down last Thursday in preparation for two ‘An Evening with Paul Gascoigne’ events on Monday (June 24) and Tuesday (June 25) this week.
The Geordie superstar has so far been spotted by fans in the Tiki Bar and the Ibrox Bar.
Debbie Holden said: “Saw Gazza out last night before his show, chilling out with some friends. Had a selfie with his bouncer, lovely people.”
The former Rangers star was also seen at the Scottish Ibrox Bar, as well as at the notorious Tiki Bar in the Costa Blanca resort town.
His management team posted pics of Gazza enjoying himself in the sun, as well as taking a jetski ride.
Steph Burke wrote: “Who loves being out in the Mediterranean? Gazza has had a great day.”
The Geordie legend previously posted pics of him sunbathing, captioning the photos: “Morning guys from Spain. Love, GAZZA xxXXxx.”
Social media users flocked to congratulate Gascoigne, who has for years struggled with alcohol addiction, on how well he was looking.
Betty Smith said: “Looking great Gazza. Don’t let anyone take the piss and offer to buy you a drink.”
Others however criticised Gascoigne’s management for taking to him to the notorious party city.
Aaron Withers wrote: “The man’s battling demons we can’t imagine, and has just been caught on camera trying to buy cocaine.
“Then his management team think it’s a good idea to go to Benidorm!! Poor bloke hasn’t got a chance! Only hope he helps himself!!”
The fishing-mad superstar seemed to be in fine form, however, posting a prank video online with him complaining he had caught ‘f*** all’ after three days fishing in his swimming pool.
The Olive Press previously reported Gazza’s first public speaking engagement will take place tonight at the Orihuela Costa Resort, in La Zenia, meanwhile tomorrow’s gig will be at La Marina Hotel in Benidorm.
- French couple, 80 and 66, injured after paddling pool crashes through terrace floor into garage below on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 18:12
- OWN MEDICINE: Lawyer arrested in Murcia court after speeding to a trial on a traffic accident - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Instagram sensation in northern Spain turns out to be TOXIC lake - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 10:31
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04