A BRITISH-RUN transfer company on the Costa Blanca has been the ‘first in Spain’ to upgrade a VTC-licensed diesel car to dual fuel.
Alicante Transfers Ltd made the upgrade this month on a VIP Mercedes Vito mini-van, which is also the first Vito in Spain to receive the new technology.
Duel fuel motors can help to reduce diesel emissions by ‘30% to 40%’ while also reducing cost by up to ‘25%’.
“We are working with Benidorm Town Hall to lead the way in the future of the VTC license,” Alicante Transfers Ltd owner, Dave McQueen, told the Olive Press.
A March 2019 decree from the Valencian Generalitat stated that VTC licences will only be transferred to new cars if they use ‘eco-friendly’ forms of power generation.
The decree states ‘electricity’, ‘hydrogen’, ‘natural gas’, ‘lpg’ and ‘hybrid’ cars will be particularly sought out amongst the new, greener measures.
“Very few mechanics can convert a diesel engine to duel fuel,” Jose from Eco Truck Services, in Zaragoza, told the Olive Press.
“It helps to give new life to diesel engines, which create a lot of emissions, but generally make for better engines than petrol cars.”
McQueen said the procedure cost €4,600, and took 10 days, but his business would soon make back the costs through reduced fuel consumption.
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04
- Driver confuses Barcelona’s ‘busiest’ Metro entrance with car park and goes bumper-first down staircase - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 18:17
- Woman killed after firework ‘shot into her mouth’ and exploded at Spanish festival - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 18:06
- British man, 46, arrested after stabbing 20-year-old at 11AM in a bar in Alfaz del Pi on the Costa Blanca - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 17:45