SPAIN has ruled that sun creams labelled as dangerous by a consumer group are ‘not a risk’.
The Ministry of Health responded to the Organization of Consumers and Users’ (OCU) damning assessment of the Isdin and Babaria brands.
- Water-resistant sun cream not as strong as manufacturers claim
- Even sun cream can’t protect from cancer
- British suncream manufacturers blasted for giving less protection than advertised
Despite being labelled SPF 50+, the children’s creams were found to be just SPF 15 and 30, respectively.
But now, the scientific studies presented by both firms have been deemed valid, as well as those of the OCU.
“A certain variability has been observed in the methodology used among the laboratories,” said a spokesperson from the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS).
The OCU and AEMPS have both now called for testing to be ‘standardised’ so discrepancies are less likely to occur.
It comes after the OCU conducted a comparative study of 17 different SPF 50+ children’s sun creams in May.
Isdin and Babaria’s products were the only two to have ‘failed’ the testing.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36