AROUND 500 Renfe staff in Malaga have planned to strike over pay conditions next week.
The union CCOO has set the walkout date as Monday July 15, lasting all day.
The state-owned rail company is accused of not meeting workers’ demands in the key areas of employment, hours and salary.
One source of anger for Renfe employees has been that an agreed 0.5% wage increase has been omitted from new contracts.
CCOO also called on the transport firm to ‘unilaterally’ apply an agreement to reduce the working day to 37.5 hours.
Renfe also came under fire for a ‘poor’ employment rate as its workforce in September 2018 stood at just 13,694, after totalling 13,723 in August 2017.
“Renfe will not be able to provide, with due quality, the rail transport service, and the amount of rail traffic will increase,” said General Secretary of CCOO’s Railway Sector, Manuel Nicolas Taguas.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36