19 Feb, 2020 @ 18:20
1 min read

ALDI will hire 120 extra staff members in Alicante as part of its expansion programme in Spain

Aldi

ALDI has announced it will hire an extra 120 people in Alicante.

The supermarket chain is expanding in Spain this year and is planning to hire a total of an extra 800 members of staff.

This has the aim of strengthening its already existing 308 stores but also with the view to opening new ones.

With this new hiring process, staff numbers are going to rise by 20% since 2017.

90% of the new personnel will be in store, whereas the remaining 10% will be based in the central headquarters.

Spain is a strategic market for ALDI and the company’s growth has been gradual over recent years.

In fact, in recent years ALDI has experienced double digit growth until the end of 2019; with 4,354 employees during that period.

The areas where the highest volume of staff will be hired are Alicante, Malaga, Cadiz, Sevilla, Madrid and Barcelona.

Dimitris Kouimtsidis

GOT A STORY? Contact me now: [email protected] or call +34 951 273 575 or +44 75 358 167 18. Twitter: @dkouimtsidis.
Dimitris has a BA in History from the University of Leeds and an MA in Journalism (Sports) from the University of Lincoln.
He joined the Olive Press team as a journalist in January 2020.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

police
Previous Story

British expat arrested for ‘sexually abusing secretary’ so badly she needed psychological treatment on Spain’s Costa del Sol

Bodies Found
Next Story

Up to 90 bodies of ‘Conquistadors’ discovered on Spain’s Costa del Sol

Latest from Business & Finance

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press