14 Jul, 2023 @ 18:45
1 min read

Woman dies two months after husband passed away due to fridge gas leak in Spain’s Mallorca

Woman Dies Two Months After Husband Passed Away In Fridge Gas Leak In Spain's Mallorca
Woman dies two months after husband passed away in fridge gas leak in Spain's Mallorca

A SCOTTISH woman has died two months after her husband passed away after inhaling fumes from a carbon monoxide leak at a Mallorca finca.

Mary Somerville, 39, died in an Edinburgh hospice on July 2 but news of her death was only announced on Friday.

The leak happened at the property on the Son Barbasa urbanisation in Cala Mesquida on May 6.

She had married Jaime Carsi, 40, a fortnight earlier and Capdepera Policia Local officers broke into the finca after Mr. Carsi’s brother reported that he was unable to contact the couple after they failed to turn up for a boat trip.

Jaime Carsi was found dead lying next to his wife in bed with the carbon monoxide leak coming from the refrigerator.

An autopsy confirmed that he died as a result of poisoning caused by inhaling the deadly gas.

The finca was owned by Mr. Carsi’s father and the newly-weds had been staying there for a few days.

Last December a British couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning at their Selva finca in Mallorca

That involved a leak from a gas butano heater, with the son raising the alarm from the UK after he heard nothing from them for two days.

READ MORE:

Bull In Bous A La Mar
Previous Story

Bull drowns in Costa Blanca after being taunted into the water during the annual Bous a la Mar event

Pride
Next Story

Alicante celebrates the 20th anniversary of pride festivities in the city with ‘Alicante with Pride’ week

Latest from Balearic Islands

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press