THE step-daughter of a Spanish film actress has been remanded in custody in Jaén in connection with a series of armed bank robberies in the Granada province.
Diana Patricia Martín Romhild, 38, was arrested on October 24 after a dramatic high speed car chase which involved officers from four police forces and the Guardia Civil.
Police believe Martín Romhild, who is the stepdaughter of Concha Velasco – who has appeared in more than 70 films including 2003’s Oro de Moscú – and the daughter of theatre impresario Paco Marsó, acted as getaway driver in at least two of the four bank robberies that have hit the villages of Cuevas del Campo and Fraila in the north of the Granada province since August.
Police also arrested Enrique Lorente – the partner of Martín Romhild. He is alleged to have carried out all of the four raids which have netted the couple 55,000 euros and more than 5,000 pounds sterling in their two-month crime spree.
Police believe the pair – dubbed “Bonnie and Clyde” by locals – robbed banks to help pay off their business debts. They allegedly owe 100,000 euros through their art print company Mas Arte.
Their arrest came shortly after Lorente, 48, had stolen 33,000 euros from the Caja Granada bank in Cuevas del Campo – the second such raid on the bank in as many months.
Police had to use a road block to stop the pair as they drove to their home in Pozo Alcón in the Jaén province after a high speed car chase involving police forces from Cuevas del Campo, Gor, Orce, Zújar and the Guardia Civil from Cortes de Baza.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00