TWO husbands have murdered their wives and killed themselves in a week.
Both murders took place at opposite ends of the Serrania de Ronda.
In the first apparent case of domestic violence a husband, 56, shot dead his wife, 52, at their house in Ronda then turned the gun on himself.
Neighbours reported that a loud argument had been heard coming from their house at 9.30pm the previous night.
Just a week later a married couple were found dead just 25 kilometres away in their home in the Sierra de las Nieves village of Tolox.
In another apparent case of domestic violence, the 71-year-old stabbed his wife, 66, before hanging himself.
The first case led to 100 protesters demonstrating against gender violence outside Ronda town hall last Thursday.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00