- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Busted over bingo
• RAID: Armed cops seized five euros
POLICE have raided a group of pensioners playing 20 cents bingo.
Heavily armed officers crashed into the pensioners club of Son Cotoner, in Palma de Mallorca, shouting “Stop Police, nobody move”.
The police then proceeded to seal off the room and inspect the documentation of the terrified ‘gamblers’ before confiscating the toy bingo machine and the five euro prize money.
A baffled Father Manolo, the parish priest responsible, explained they had been playing bingo for the past 30 years for 10 cents a card, but sometimes they had “specials” for 20 cents.
He added that among other activities such as lunches, and excursions it was part of the entertainment offered to the retired residents of the club.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
The James Bond star has been warned to cooperate with Spanish authorities…