By Eloise Horsfield
A US woman has launched an emotional appeal to find her Sevillian aunt and cousins, whom her family lost touch with in the 1970s through a ‘simple mistake’.
Eva Del Rocio Weston’s Spanish mother, Josefa Robles Chaves, now 62, married an American Richard in Gibraltar in 1975 and moved to the States.
It was then she lost contact with sister Antonia Robles Chaves, now 65 or 66, who later married and took on the name Alameda.
While Eva and Josefa received photos and cards from Antonia’s daughter Maria De Los Angeles, now aged 43 and pictured left as a child, when they tried to write back their letters were returned to sender.
When they later moved house there was no way of either party contacting the other.
“It has been 30 years,” said Eva, now 36.
“I would love to see my mother and her sister reconnect and I would love to know all my cousins.”
“We have tried every resource imaginable and searched everywhere for years and years for my mother’s long-lost sister.
“We just want them to know we never gave up on them and that we love them.”
Spanish sisters Josefa and Antonia, who never met their mother, both attended Sisters of the Cross convent orphanage in Carmona in Sevilla for eighteen years during the 1950s and 1960s.
Eva believes her aunt Antonia has six children, but only knows of daughters Maria De Los Angeles and Maria De Gracia and sons Francisco and Andres.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10