- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Finding ‘Mr Wrong’ from Spain
January 9, 2012 at
2:21 pm • LAST EDITED:
January 17, 2012 at
National News • 12 Comments
• Julia Cross launched an internet campaign to track down Martin O’Kane
By Wendy Williams
Picture: © Ellen Widdup
A WOMAN who launched an internet campaign to track down a hunk she met on a Spanish holiday, has discovered he is ‘already taken’.
Sadly, Julia Cross, a PR consultant from London, did not get the fairytale ending she had hoped for after her Prince Charming Martin O’Kane got in touch to say he was ‘flattered’ but already had a girlfriend.
The tale of thwarted love comes after Cross and O’Kane met at an Ibiza nightclub in September and shared a kiss as they watched the sunrise.
After Cross failed to hear from her lover the 33-year-old, became convinced she had given him the wrong number.
It was left to her friends to launch a Facebook and Twitter campaign dubbed ‘Find Martin’ to help her rekindle the holiday romance.
But O’Kane has now come forward revealing he got back together with an old girlfriend after his trip to Ibiza.
However, when contacted this weekend, he suggested the media should run a competition for someone to date Cross if she ‘would be up for it.’
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others