ELEVEN roads are closed in Almeria, Cadiz and Granada due to snow.
In Almeria seven roads have had to close, including the AL-5402 through Bayarcal, the A-1178 at Serono, the AL-5100 at Tahal, the AL-3404 at Abla, the AL-6105 at Charcos Nuevo, the railway station on the AL-5405 and the AL-5406 at Las Menas.
In Cadiz, the first 15 km of the CA-9104 – running through the Sierra de Grazalema – is closed.
In Granada, snowstorms have affected three roads. The A-395 to Sierra Nevada is closed between kilometres 32 and 39, the A-4025 is closed between kilometres 23 and 31 through the town of Guejar Sierra, and the A-337 is shut at La Ragua. Meanwhile the A-92 has been reopened to traffic at the peak of Puerto de la Mora.
Finally, traffic is affected by ice on the A-403 as it passes through the town of Alcala la Real in Jaen, particularly in the first three kilometres.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10