- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Doctor in the Desert
• Doctor Who actor Matt Smith on set in Almeria
DOCTOR Who has paid a visit to the Spanish desert.
A Western themed episode of the popular BBC series starring Matt Smith and Karen Gillan is currently being shot in Mini-Hollywood in the Desert of Tabernas in Almeria.
According to sources the pair are really excited about the episode, which is set to feature a half-human half-robot which patrols a Victorian-era western town.
‘Filming on the same set as a lot of western films, together with the Spanish weather, will give it an epic feel,’ the source said.
Bosses behind the hit sci-fi drama chose the famous Almeria set as it was more cost-effective than building a new set from scratch in the UK.
Tabernas – the only desert in Europe – is no stranger to film crews having also provided the backdrops for countless legendary films such as A Fistful of Dollars and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
It is also not the first time the Time Lord has fought with cowboys.
In 1966, the doctor, then played by William Hartnell, was caught up in a shootout at the OK Corral.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…