- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Fund for worst affected by Malaga floods
• Queen Sofia visits those affected by the floods in nearby Villanueva del Rosario
RESIDENTS and businesses of one of the towns worst affected by the recent floods could be in line for financial help from their town hall.
Villanueva del Trabuco was among the worst hit areas, with many residents left counting the cost of extensive damage to their homes.
Now, in an effort to help those most in need, the town hall has pledged €40,000 – a sum which officials hope will cover up to 95% of the requests they receive.
The announcement comes just days after Queen Sofia visited the village as part of a tour of some of the worst affected areas.
She spent time speaking with residents and meeting representatives of some of the organisations involved in helping with the clear-up.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others