- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Spanish ‘cocaine chaffeur’ released without bail
• Francisco Trujillo
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE ‘cocaine chauffeur’ who admitted he spent €25,000 a month of public money on drugs and partying has been released without bail because ‘he cannot afford it’.
The controversial decision to cancel Francisco Trujillo’s €75,000 bail demand comes after his lawyer argued the fee was ‘unaffordable’.
The original fee had been set at €150,000 but investigators found Trujillo’s financial assets to be much lower than others involved in the scandal.
Trujillo played a part in the €1.3 billion theft of ERE public employment funds along with his former boss, Junta employment chief Francisco Javier Guerrero, who still remains in prison awaiting trial.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]