- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Spanish ‘cocaine chaffeur’ released without bail
• Francisco Trujillo
THE ‘cocaine chauffeur’ who admitted he spent €25,000 a month of public money on drugs and partying has been released without bail because ‘he cannot afford it’.
The controversial decision to cancel Francisco Trujillo’s €75,000 bail demand comes after his lawyer argued the fee was ‘unaffordable’.
The original fee had been set at €150,000 but investigators found Trujillo’s financial assets to be much lower than others involved in the scandal.
Trujillo played a part in the €1.3 billion theft of ERE public employment funds along with his former boss, Junta employment chief Francisco Javier Guerrero, who still remains in prison awaiting trial.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others