YES, it is that time of year again.
Christmas is coming, and the magic elves are working hard to create all manner of Christmas fayres in Andalucia.
Below is a selection of the best events over the next fortnight, where you can pick up those essential gifts and decorations and of course enjoy a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie while you’re at it!
Al Lago Christmas Market (Zahara de la Sierra)
December 15, 11am-4pm
Seasonal goodies, street foods, mulled wine, mince pies. Leathers, raw chocolate, crepes, turron, proper Christmas cakes, organic vegetables. Call 956 123 032
Gaucin Christmas Fair (El Convento)
December 1 and 2, 10am-5pm
Gifts, cards, wines, vintage wear, jewellery, clothes and furniture, books. Tarot reader, human juke box by Marcus Myers and others, lunches and bar.
Christmas Fair (Hacienda Almoguera, Los Barrios, Cadiz)
December 8-9, 11am-9pm
Live flamenco, ponies, nativity scene, bouncy castle. Collection of dried food (cans, oils, coffee, sugar etc) and old clothing for Bay of Gibraltar food bank. €2 per vehicle. Call 677 591 312
The Brasserie/Kiddi Bank Christmas Fayre, (The Brasserie restaurant, Casares)
December 8, 12.30pm-8.30pm
30 festive stalls, cakes, bakes and crafts. Fun for all the family. Call 607 474 988
Aloha College Christmas Bazaar (Nueva Andalucia)
December 1, 11am-4pm
Festive gifts and decorations, cakes and international dishes, bouncy castle and Santa’s grotto. Call 952 814 133
Malaga Traditional Christmas Fayre (St George’s Church, in the grounds of the English Cemetery)
December 2, 12.30pm
Mince pies, homemade jams and preserves, books, vintage fashion and much more. Raffle for a Christmas hamper.
Santa’s Grotto (King’s Bastion Leisure Centre, Gibraltar)
December 12-22, Wednesdays to Fridays from 4pm-6pm, Saturdays from 10.30am-12.30pm
£5, includes gift and digital photo. Call +350 200 44 777
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10