- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
€8 million bail for King Juan Carlos’ son-in-law
• Inaki Urdangarin's bail could be set at €8 million
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
PROSECUTORS in the corruption case involving the king’s son-in-law have asked for his bail to be set at €8 million.
Inaki Urdangarin, who is married to King Juan Carlos’ second daughter Princess Cristina, and his former business partner Diego Torres, are accused of fraudulently claiming public money through a non-profit foundation.
The allegations relate to €5 million which was allegedly claimed between 2004 and 2006 before being siphoned through a number of their companies.
If the judge grants the request, Urdangarin could face having his properties embargoed, although he would not go to prison.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]