- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Have you seen Robert Golden?
• Keen hiker, Robert Golden, has been missing since November
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Frances Leate
A BRITISH holidaymaker who failed to return from a hiking break in Spain almost two months ago has reportedly been sighted.
Robert Golden, 54, from Sussex, arrived in Sevilla on November 5 and was due to return two weeks later.
He had told a friend he was planning to hike parts of Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz and Jerez, all in Andalucia.
But now Sussex Police are getting increasingly concerned after he was reportedly sighted 400 miles away in the town of Benissa, near Alicante on December 28.
“We cannot verify the reported sighting but we are getting increasingly concerned for Robert,” said Detective Inspector Rob Walker.
“We are in liaisons with the British Embassy and are issuing an appeal to the media in Spain.”
The IT worker has been described as a keen walker and was travelling with a large backpack.
He was reported missing on November 23 and has not used his bank cards since November 8.
His brother Barry Golden said: “I’m really worried. I’m really missing him and want to see him back home.
“Robert loves walking and the outdoors. It is worrying that he can be away for that length of time and not use his bank cards.”
He added: “I wonder what he is living on?”
Anyone who has seen Robert please contact [email protected] or call Sussex Police on 0044 1273 475432
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]