- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Fuengirola town hall named as one of Spain’s most transparent
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
FUENGIROLA town hall is one of the most transparent in the country according to new research.
Transparency International, an organisation which aims to stamp out government corruption, found the city to be more open than many provincial capitals including Huesca and Granada.
The study was broken up into different sections including economic, financial, planning and public works transparency, with Fuengirola achieving an overall score of 88.8 out of 100.
Fuengirola Mayor Esperanza Ona said he hopes the new data will silence corruption claims from the Socialist Party.
“After years of attacking the issue, these magnificent results publicly recognise that we have one of the most transparent municipalities in Spain.”
A 2012 study by the same organisation found that over half of public information requests made in Spain go unanswered, and only 20% of answered requests provided the correct information.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]