- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Fighting the fat in Spain
January 29, 2013
• LAST EDITED:
February 9, 2013
Health • 2 Comments
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE battle against obesity could be revolutionised after a gene linked to the development of the disease was discovered by scientists in Spain.
Efforts to combat obesity and other conditions including Type 2 diabetes will now focus on the gene, which the body uses to help regulate fat metabolism.
Researchers at Barcelona’s autonomous university found that mice were protected from obesity and insulin resistance after the gene was prevented from working properly.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]