- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Will my meteorite make me rich?
• Will my meteorite make me rich?
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
AN expat is appealing to Olive Press readers to help her value what she believes is a Martian meteorite.
Axarquia-based Penny Hammond hopes the suspected meteorite will make her a tidy sum should tests prove it to be genuine.
The Rincon de la Victoria resident got in touch with the paper after we reported how a farmer in the north of Spain discovered that a rock he was using to press ham was worth 4m euros.
She had been given the rock as a gift from a neighbour who acquired it while working in India as a civil servant.
Weighing around 165g, the rock is slightly smaller than a golf ball. Hammond said she had done simple tests to check the properties of the rock and is now keen to have it looked at by an expert for confirmation. “If it is what we think it is and our calculations are correct, it could be worth several thousand pounds,” she added.
“I just have no idea who to speak to. Can anyone help?”
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]