IN a case that will appall animal lovers everywhere, a woman in Jaen has been sentenced to 15 months in jail, and fined €900 plus €500 vets fees for throwing a neighbour’s Chihuahua out of a third storey window.
The act took place when the dog escaped from the flat next door and ran into the woman’s apartment.
On finding the tiny dog in the hallway she immediately flung it out of the nearest window, three floors up.
The Chihuahua’s owners denounced the woman to the Guardia Civil and she was prosecuted under the Andalucian Animal protection laws. She also threatened a witness to the crime, and received an additional fine.
Although the dog suffered internal injuries in the fall, happily he made a full recovery.
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02