- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
UKIP launch on The Rock
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
BRITAIN’S most controversial political party has launched in Gibraltar.
Among those attending the first official UKIP meeting – appropriately held in the Lord Nelson pub – was Douglas Hall, the former Deputy Chairman of Newcastle United.
Confirming a meeting with local pressure group Defenders of Gibraltar, UKIP Representative Sean Howlett, told the Olive Press: “It is clear Gibraltar is facing problems with Sovereign infringement.
“The lack of backbone from Whitehall isn’t helping and we believe we can make a difference.”
Topics covered at the meeting included manifesto ideas and linking up to other pro-British groups in the area.
A source told the Olive Press that leader Nigel Farrage would be coming down to campaign later this summer, possibly joined by former Conservative MP Neil Hamilton and his wife Christine
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]