- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Spanish man set himself on fire outside job centre
• Medics at the scene in Malaga
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A SPANIARD has attempted to kill himself outside a job centre in Malaga.
The 36-year-old set himself alight at 1pm yesterday after pouring petrol on himself.
He was rushed to hospital with second degree burns to 63% of his body.
“He was clearly desperate after struggling in this existing recession,” said a local union boss.
It comes as Spain saw the biggest drop in the dole queue for six years with 100,000 people landing jobs ahead of the tourist season.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]