SHE’S one of the hottest actresses on the planet so it’s rather fitting that Penelope Cruz should star in the latest James Bond film.
But what many 007 fans will find surprising is that when filming begins Cruz will have passed her 40th birthday – making her the oldest Bond girl in history.
The Spanish actress, who is pregnant with her second child, will start work on the 24th Bond instalment next summer.
A source close to the production of the £100?million movie said: “The producers have tried to get Penelope before, but she has never been available because of other commitments. The discussions have been going on for some time and they are working out the contract details now.”
The Oscar-winning beauty will take the title of oldest Bond girl from British actress Honor Blackman, who was 39 when she appeared in the 1962 Goldfinger as Pussy Galore.
Madrid-born Cruz is married to actor husband Javier Bardem, who played villain Raoul Silva in last year’s Skyfall.
The couple still live in their native Spain with their two-year-old son Leo and are expecting their second child any day.
The source added: “She got back into shape fast after the first baby and will no doubt regain her figure quickly this time. She’ll be a great Bond girl. Bond girls are always brainy as well as sexy, and that’s totally Penelope.”
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02