- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Three wildfires in the Axarquia
• A helicopter tackles the Torroix blaze. Photograph copyright Craig Mahoney
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THREE wildfires were reported in the Axarquia this afternoon – the first near Velez-Malaga, followed by another in Frigiliana and the third affecting an area of scrub in Torrox – near the main autovia junction to the coast.
The Torrox incident was captured by Olive Press reader Craig Mahoney who reported that a dozen or so firemen with two tenders and the Proteccion Civil had the blaze under control within an hour or so, with the aid of the helicopter.
The urbanisation on the other side of the valley was never in danger, but people filled the streets and terraces to get a better view of the spectacle.
There were no reports of personal injuries or damage to property.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]