- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Marbella police fury at PSOE ‘smear campaign’
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE MARBELLA Security Council has hit out at claims police in the area have been under resourced this summer, saying there has in fact been an increased police presence over the past few months.
Felix Romero said officers have been working more hours during the summer season, and both the national and local squads have been operating at full capacity.
He spoke out following accusations by the Partido Socialista Obrero Espanola (PSOE) the area was under policed and the resources they were using substandard.
Romero said: “The equipment used by the local police is always in perfect condition, and if there is a problem it is quickly resolved.
“The general perception is it has been a safe summer, and there has been fewer incidents this summer than in recent years, despite the increase in tourists in the area.”
He said the accusations were made in a bid to compromise the area’s image as an attractive tourist destination.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]