- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
A winner by smiles!
December 25, 2013
• LAST EDITED:
December 24, 2013
Sport • 0 Comments
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
MALAGA-BORN golf veteran Miguel Angel Jimenez has won the Hong Kong open – for the second year running – and for the fourth time in his career.
Jimenez took pole position, with a cash prize of over €150,000, after finishing 12 under par.
Jimenez said: “I love this place, I love this country and I love this tournament. I’ve played very well – I holed many putts on the first play-off victory.”
Jimenez previously won the event in 2005, 2008 and 2012.
And with 13 wins since he turned 40, the tournament veteran – who will be 50 in January – has now set his sights on joining the Ryder Cup team – which would make him the oldest player to participate in the tournament.
He said: “I think this win will help my chances a lot and you never know. I would love to join the team.”
Jimenez already holds the record of oldest winner on the European tour.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]