- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Ice and easy does it for the Junta’s snow squad
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE JUNTA has launched its winter road maintenance plan to help folk cope with the snow and ice on Andalucia’s roads.
The snow squad involves 400 workers, 37 ploughs, 180 support vehicles and more than 5,000 tonnes of salt.
The Junta has warned drivers of the effects of ice on roads and has also advised mountain communities who face the threat of becoming cut-off.
The squad – directed by The Ministry of Public Works and Housing – will operate out of 26 centres spread across the region until the end of March.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]