AN expat has been arrested after leaving her three-year-old daughter alone in her Fuengirola apartment on New Year’s Eve to go drinking in a nearby bar.
Neighbours of the woman, believed to be from Paraguay, called the police when they heard the little girl crying uncontrollably on the apartment’s terrace.
When they could not get an answer after repeatedly ringing the apartment’s front door, the police broke in and found the child alone.
The mother arrived home soon after and told the police that she had merely gone to the local bar for a quick drink with a friend after she had checked that her daughter was asleep.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40