BARCELONA’S star summer signing Luis Suarez has had his appeal against a four month ban for biting rejected.
However, the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled that the Uruguayan striker can now train with the team.
Suarez, 27, was originally banned from all ‘football-related activity’ after biting Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup in Brazil.
This meant the Catalan giants could not publicly unveil their €93 million signing from Liverpool.
His lawyers argued that the punishment was too harsh.
He will be available to play from the match against Real Madrid on October 26 onward.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44