QUEUES at the Gibraltar border are ‘gridlocked’ as Frontier works kick off.
The road works – expected to last until March – are reportedly causing ‘chaos’ at the border between Spain and the Rock, with the current estimated queuing time up to an hour and 20 minutes.
The Royal Gibraltar Police have reported that their ‘queue information hotline’ is currently out of order, but are reporting expected delays manually.
One resident posted on Facebook, while stuck in a queue: “People with husbands and wives working in Gibraltar, don’t expect them home on time or any time soon.”
Concerns are also being raised about increased traffic flow tomorrow, as Gibraltar celebrates its National Day.
Photos and reports from people stuck in traffic indicate that queues to enter Spain extend back as far as Devil’s Tower Road, nearly a kilometre from the border.
However, live video streams of the border on www.frontierqueue.gi appear to show traffic flowing smoothly.
If you have any photos or updates, contact email@example.com
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05