ANDALUCIA’S art-lovers will be able to brush shoulders with one of the region’s top artists at an exhibition in Gaucin on September 28.
La Granada Divina restaurant will host a presentation of Jennifer Waterhouse’s work on September 28 from midday.
Waterhouse, originally from Ripon, Yorkshire, has lived in Spain for twenty years and draws inspiration from her home surroundings in Gaucin.
She said: “I am inspired by the study of movement and rhythm in natural forms, whether they be plants, trees, rocks or clouds.
“Each one has its own characteristic structure or way of growing.
“The way I paint depends quite a lot on what I am painting. If it is a view of the Straits, I am thinking about space and light, if it is a tree, I am thinking about the characteristic form of that tree.
“My approach depends on what I am looking for in the subject.”
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36