A MULTI-MILLION pound development is being lined up to transform the east side of Gibraltar into a marina complex to rival the most luxurious of resorts.
The Armada Group, a Middle East-based developer, hopes to build residential and commercial complexes as well as provide a FIFA-approved football pitch and create a tunnel linking the Eastside Project with the City Hall at John Mackintosh Square.
The developers – who are awaiting the green light from planning chiefs on the Rock – also want to build medical and educational facilities, recreational spaces, pools and beaches.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00