TORREMOLINOS LGBTI association has released the posters for July’s Gay Pride festival.
This year marks a decade since the law was passed for civil partnerships in Spain.
The second annual International Day of Transvestism will also be celebrated during the weekend, on July 25.
The association, COLEGA Torremolinos, is dedicating one day out of the four-day festival especially to homosexual and bisexual women.
The first gay bar in Spain, Toni’s Bar, was founded in Torremolinos in 1962 despite Franco’s repressive regime arresting homosexuals until the 1970s.
Torremolinos Gay Pride runs from July 23-26.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25